Pain in intestines, bloating, nausea and feeling light headed. Appetite loss and weight loss. Due to stress?

I have been experiencing pains in intestines, bloating , nausea , light-headed, and gas. I am a male age 54. The symptoms are not always present, but when they are it is quite debilitating. I am left feeling very sick and have to lay down. This has been since April 2012. I have switched to lactose free milk, and eat mostly soups. When the symptoms are present I loose appetite and have lost over 40 pounds since it started. I wouldn t mind the weight lose, but the pain and sick feeling is driving me crazy. Could stress be a factor, or depression? My mother died in April and that is when I started noticing this problem. I have been to my doctor and he just gave me pills for nausea.
Asked On : Mon, 15 Oct 2012