Pain in hip, lower vertebrate after accident. Osteo arthritic changes, lumbar lordosis is seen. Hip replacement required?

Dr Siegel, I had a car accident in 1988. Now pain in my hip and problems with lower back vertebrae. I am 53 and my husband and I love climbing mountains. The doctor sent me for x-rays. The report says: PELVIS: Promiment osteo-arthritic changes seen right hip joint with joint space narrowing, subchondral sclerosis and prominent osteophyte formation on superior inferior aspect of femoral head. A small exostosis is seen on the anterior superior iliac spine . LUMBO-SACRAL SPINE: A prominent lumbar lordosis is seen. Prominent degenerative spondolytic changes seen level L4-L5 and L5/S1. No spondylolysis or listhesis is seen. No instability is seen during flexion or extension. I have googled all these terms and understand more or less what it means. My doctor said perhaps a hip replacement is necessary. I have discovered a process Birmingham Hip Resurfacing Procedure. What would you advise me to do? I am not ready to sit and knit all day. Christine Engelbrecht, Bloemfontein, South Africa
Asked On : Sat, 3 Nov 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  41 Awaiting Answer