Pain in hip, groin. Diagnosed as Piriformis syndrome. Currently limping, cannot sit, stand for a long time. Suggestions?

Hi Doc, I m having hip trouble that is getting worse over time. I am a cyclist (2000 miles in 2012 until I got injured in July). Was riding a bike that was too big. Anyway, doc s want me to get a spinal MRI but I ve had disk pain before and this is not it. I can bend, twist, reach, lean and it only hurts my hip. Recently my groin is giving me a lot of trouble too. I suspect a torn labram, and the doc has already said piriformis syndrom. I limp, don t work out, can t sit or stand for long, only relief is lying in the floor and rocking back and forth on the bad leg. Awk!
Asked On : Mon, 10 Dec 2012