Pain in hip during sideways movement, forcing back to get up from squatting position. Reason?

Hi, My hip is where most of the pain is. Walking doesn’t induce pain, but any sideways motion does. Also, if I squat, going down doesn’t cause pain, but trying to push back up causes intense pain. Getting in and out of the car is painful, as the car is low and I need to step sideways and lift myself up. I assume it’s related, but I also have sporadic pains in my knee and ankle. Not as intense as the hip pain, but noticeable. I have no noticeable back pain .
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013