Pain in hip after walking on treadmill, reduced speed, not wearing orthotics. suggestions?

I have been a treadmill walker for many years. I am 61 and walk 30 min a day most days a week at 3.6 miles per hr and sometimes faster. I have been having some hip issues..aching, in my left hip when I lay down at night and some during the day. When I get up and walk its ok. I have cut my speed back to 3.2 miles/hr and it seems a little better. I was having issues with heel spurs and my podiatrist made orthodicts for me about 8 mos ago. Am wondering if maybe they are not right so haven t been wearing.
Asked On : Sat, 25 Aug 2012

I have studied your case. As per your history I will like to give differential.
There is possibility of early plantar fasciitis, or can early arthritis.

For plantar fasciitis,
Shoe/footwear should be with soft sole. You can use silicon pad insoles.
Avoid exposure of cold to foot.

Start plantar exercises consulting physiotherapist also Physiotherapy like TENS and ultrasound will help. Take calcium supplement with vit D.
Do exercises of foot before getting out of bed.

As per your history another possibility of inflammatory arthritis.
You may need to do blood test to confirm diagnosis.
When such patients come to our hospital I advise them blood test like RA factor, ACCP, ESR, complete blood count, HLA B27, thyroid profile.

For these symptoms medication like methylcobalamine and analgesic will reduce pain; you can take them consulting your treating doctor.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.