Pain in head when trying to sleep, have canker sores, ear and throat pain. Help

Hello, Im a 43 yr old woman that has been having lymph noid, ear and throat pain, and I do have canker sores with it. Its like a flare up from month to month for some time now and can last weeks at a time. When I sleep or try to sleep i get excustiating pains that shoot thru to the top of my head, some lasting as long as 30 seconds, some as fast as a flash of lightening. The pain is terrible the worse ive ever felt and on occassion happens during the day. But i have noticed if i sleep with my face pointing downward its more apt to happen. not to mention that I get pain with my teeth that cover all way around my face, even where i dont have teeth. I feel as tho it could be a nerve isssue but not a clue what to telll a dr to get help
Asked On : Wed, 15 Aug 2012