Pain in hands and eyes, redness. Taken advil. What can help?

Two weeks ago, while doing laundry, I very forcefully rammed the back of my right hand against the top of the agitator in the washing machine - about halfway between my wrist and the base of my index and middle fingers. The initial pain brought tears to my eyes and the area turned purplish-red almost immediately. I took two Advil and iced the area that evening. The following morning, there was no discoloration but still extreme tenderness to the area. Now, two weeks later, there is a small, semi-squishy lump at the impact site. Touching it causes severe shooting pain throughout my hand and wrist. Not touching it still results in a dull throb from the impact site through my fingers ( index finger in particular). There is no discoloration and the lump is too small to be visible on the surface. What have I done to my hand and how can I fix it?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013