Pain in hand, leg. Should i immediately seek emergency care for?

Over the last couple of days, I’ve been having very sharp pains (almost like a severe stabbing pain & cramp ) in my left hand between the ring finger and middle finger just below the knuckles and they are becoming more frequent. In addition, I’m having the same pain in my right leg thigh but it’s much more intense. When I have the stabbing pain in my leg, it almost causes me to fall over because the pain is so intense. A little about me… I’ll be 50 years old this June and I haven’t been practicing good health over the last few years. I chew (dip) tobacco and have been doing so for many years. I drink alcohol regularly (3-4 times a week) and I haven’t exactly been eating right nor doing exercises for the last 3-4 years. I’m sure my unhealthy lifestyle could have something to do with this but I would like to know, is this something I should immediately seek emergency care for? Thank you! Rob
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013