Pain in hamstring, difficult to walk, tender to the touch. What injury has happened?

the ham string in my leg hurts really bad making it difficult to walk, also tender to the touch. I was unloading 200 pounds of fertilizer and the board broke that the can of fertilizer was on and I kept hold of the container as it was falling and the back of my thigh grabbed like a muscle spasm and that was three days ago. Why is it still hurting and what could I have injured?
Asked On : Sun, 13 Oct 2013
Did you get a direct blow to your hamstring? If yes then it can be trauma to your soft tissues of the hamstring, if not it the muscular spasm that has not yet recovered. I think the following things will help you:
1. Apply luke warm water to the hamstring with the help of a cloth for 15-20 mins.
2. Take a pain killer, like paracetamol, 2 tablets stat and then 2 tab when it is painful
3. Apply an antiinflammatory cream available OTC, like Diclofenac cream.
4. Take a muscle relaxant tablet.