Pain in groin area while trying to engage in activities requiring explosive change of motion, no swelling. Possible reasons?

Hi, I am currently experiencing pain in my inner groin area. I experience no pain when I walk, jog, or even do heavy weight-bearing exercises such as squatting. However, when I try to sprint or engage in activities that require a quick, explosive change of motion or burst, I feel an intense pain. I have been having problems for the past 7 weeks, and the pain became gradually worse over time (I did not experience an acute injury). It feels as though I have a groin pull that just won t go away. There is no swelling in the area. There is a feeling of weakness in my hip area that has resulted from the injury.
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013