Pain in forehead, had pneumonia, had bronchitis. Tried ibuprofen. What now?

Hi Doctor, My 13 yr. old son started out with bronchitis in late October and at that time he had a persistent cough. By December, he was diagnosed with walking pneumonia and the cough had become a habit, which he was able to get rid of. During this time (mid-December), he also started complaining of headaches so his doctor recommended we take him off his medications, which we did. However, the headaches continued, and are slowly getting worse. On a pain scale , he s gone from a 6 over the past few weeks, to now a 8 or 9. He says that the pain is only located in his forehead , and there are no other problems: vision is fine, stomach is fine, no fever. He had a CAT scan of his head (not sinuses), which was normal, and his eyes examined (also normal). We have tried several pain medications, Ibuprofen, Tylenol, Naproxen , percocet , etc. We even took him to our local ER for treatment because the pain has been unbearable. They gave him morphine , which has been the only thing to offer relief so far. While at the ER, they swabbed him for the flu, and it came back positive. But he s had no other symptoms, so that remains a mystery. We re trying to get him into a neurologist, but it s very difficult -- the earliest was February, but I just got one bumped up to January 24. In the meantime, he s now taking Propanolol and Fioricet. My husband and I are desperate to help him. Can you offer any advice? Thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013