Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.
The most propable cause for heel pain
is Plantar fascitis which implies inflammation of the fascia which extends from heel to toes and pain on weight bearing is very typical of this condition.
The management of this condition is as follows -
* Relative rest and simple massage
of the foot along with stretching exercises
* Judicious use of analgesic
* Night splints may be useful to keep the foot in plantigrade position
* Use of MCR (micronised rubber) or silicon heels in the foot wear
* Maintaining appropriate body weight so as to reduce the load bearing on the heels
* At time a single injection of corticosteroid in to the area of maximum pain will provide good
* Avoid wearing flat-soled shoes because they will not provide your heel with support and could make your heel pain worse.
Hope this information is helpful. Good day