Pain in foot, ankle. Is it tendonitis? On ibuprofen. Further?

Hi! I ve had this pain on top of my left foot more towards the ankle area but in front. For some reason it sometimes hurts so bad that it wakes me up in the middle of the night. It s a sharp stinging pain. I ve gone to the Doctor and they keep saying it s tendonitis and only give me ibuprofen for the pain. The pain sometimes radiates to my leg. Sometimes the pain is so bad it makes me want to scream . That type of pain comes and goes but it always hurts. This morning I noticed a little lump towards the top of my foot near the ankle area and if I touch it, it stings and burns really bad. How come my doctors won t do xrays or any other type of test. Pain killers don t cure it. They only help reduce the pain.
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013