Pain in food pipe. Is there any home remedy that can help apart from the medicine?

I am having a pain in my food pipe. The pain is persistent, however it increases manifolds, if I eat or drink. I visited a GP today and they advised me to take Nexium: esomeprazole Multiple Unit Pellet System - 40 Mg. After taking the medicine the pain reduced and I was able to take food with less pain. However after few hours the pain is back. Is there any home remedy that can help apart from the medicine.I have been advised one tablet a day, Can I take more than 1 tablet, if there is pain.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013