Pain in feet after running with new sneakers, squishy bump formed by tying tightly. Remedy?

i got new running sneakers and my right foot is a little bigger than my left so when my left foot started hurting at track practice today like the front part where the sneaker tongue is i assumed it was my sneaker wasnt tight enough so i tied it really tight. The pain did go away(whether that was cause i just ignored and ran or cause my shoe was tighter idk) i just took off my sneaker and like between that spot and my ankle its like a squishy bump. doesnt hurt or anyhting im just a little freaked out.
Asked On : Mon, 3 Dec 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014

The cyst itself is harmless, but the pressure it can exert on the skin or any surrounding nerve can cause pain, especially when the ground or a shoe rubs against it.

Effective treatment involves draining the cyst with a needle, and injecting a steroid compound into the cyst to help destroy the cyst's capabilities to regenerate.

It is always best to have any foot lumps or masses evaluated by a podiatrist or other physician to ensure that they are benign.

I do hope that you have found something helpful and Informative.
Psychologist Dr. K. V. Anand's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

Your condition is quite normal. If you tied the sneakers, really tight, then it is bound to hurt. As per the duration of the tightness, the external lymph nodes and cells are agitated deprived of proper blood circulation.

Lack of blood circulation and agitation makes that area partially dead and first it becomes numb. As soon as you untie and allow circulation, the area becomes tender and painful. Sometimes a large blister also forms.

But should be alright within a week. Just apply some olive oil externally.

Good luck.