Pain in eyes, blurred vision on using contact lenses. Tiny cyst found in cornea, advised to remove. Treating with drops and lotions

My wife, sixty years old, has been wearing gas permeable contact lenses most of her life. Several times a year, especially spring, she experiences severe pain in her eyes from the pollen . She wears eyeglasses when during outdoor activities to minimize the reaction. Today she went to work during a rain shower and was in intense pain at noon when I took her the cleanser and rinse for her contacts which she used several times. She saw her ophthamologist and was told not to wear her contacts and that her corneas were covered with tiny cysts . It was suggested that the pollen could be the reason for this condition and the blurred vision. She was prescribed drops and a lotion for treatment.
Asked On : Fri, 6 Apr 2012