Pain in esophagus on eating, swallowed big piece of meat by mistake. Blood work normal. Treatment?

one week ago, my 32-yr. old son was eating roast beef and swallowed a big bite that he almost choked on. since then, his esophagus or a little further down has been hurting. It pains when he eats. he went to a doctor last week, and they didn t think anything about it. They did bloodwork and everything tested fine. Do you think he damaged something inside?? Thanks.
Asked On : Wed, 25 Jul 2012
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

It is possible that there is mild inflammation to the esophagus due to this trauma. This would cause discomfort on eating.

He may want to avoid hot/spicy/ acidic foods that may aggravate the area and slow down healing.
In addition the use of anti inflammatory pain killers such as ibuprofen/cataflam/naproxen/aspirin would be helpful.

I hope this helps