Pain in collar bone while eating, drinking, burping. Pain from Lymph nodes due to recent allergic reaction?

I have a pain in my right collar bone only when I eat/drink certain things and when I burp (but not every time I eat/drink/burp). If I bend my neck backwards, it hurts where my neck meets my body (but this is not necessarily new, I am a mother of young ones and often sleep in different locations and positions). I did have an allergic reaction to something recently as I began wheezing and got congested. That is better since leaving the location but is it possible that this pain comes from lymph nodes that may be reacting to the allergic reaction still??
Asked On : Sat, 1 Dec 2012

I have studied your case

Enlarged lymph node in neck is very common condition and needs proper evaluation.

Most common reason for enlarged lymph node is usually infection, so we can start antibiotic regime and look for results.
There is enlarged lymph node in malignancy also.
If there is no improvement then we will need to investigate in form of complete blood count, ESR, CRP, tuberculin test, and Fine needle aspiration cytology or open biopsy.

So I will advise you to consult a specialist and do further investigation.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.