Pain in collar bone, on sleeping sideways. Surgeries done to fix impingement. X-ray normal. Treatment?

I fell a few years back very hard and put out my right hand to break fall. In doing so I thought I immediately broke my collarbone as my weight shifted my body and shoulder forward. I ended up tearing my rotator cuff and had surgery . After surgery my collarbone and shoulder still did not feel right and i mentioned to my dr who did surgery. He brushed off and said it would take time to heal. I went for a second opinion and found out that I had an impinchment in my ac joint along with stiches that never melted from 1st surgery. I had a 2nd surgery and she did a distal clavical surgery fixing the impinchment, also did a major clean up from the 1st surgery. I felt a lot better, except for the fact that I was still having collarbone pain when I slept. It is over a year after 2nd surgery and I am having problems sleeping on my side (i am a side sleeper), I wake in the middle of the night feeling like my collarbone is protruding and in one instance I pushed on it and felt a pop and then relief . I can t sleep and feel as though there is something wrong. What can this be? I had x-rays which should no break of the collarbone, and I also have an extra rib bone which I found out when they did the x-ray.
Asked On : Mon, 16 Apr 2012