Pain in center of chest, coughing hard, pain in sternum, hurts to move shoulders. Could I have pulled something ?

Im 27 a female and have pain in center of my chest . It started a year ago when I got a cold coughed so hard I could barely breathe since then my sternum or that area hurts but not as bad as it did a year ago sometimes it dont hurt but it always comes back. It did hurt to even move my shoulders forward but now just hurts when I move a certain way. Could I have pulled something? I am a smoker.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013