Pain in buttocks, leg pain, jerking of legs, charlie horse in calves. Any ideas?

Have had pain in buttocks which seems to cause leg pain, jerking of legs, especially while sleeping. Sometimes will wake me up with a charlie horse in calves or feet/toes. My MD can find nothing wrong. Problem has persisted for a couple years or more. Husband says sometimes my entire torso seems to jerk when I am sleeping.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Oct 2013
Hi, the leg and buttock pain with jerking may be due to any compression on neurovascular bundle or problem in spinal cord, or neuropathy. You need further evaluation to diagnose the problem.
Get done nerve conduction test, BP in lower limbs, pulse examination in the periphery, blood sugar levels, complete haemogram and USG abdomen and pelvis. This may help us to diagnose your problem.

For now take plenty of fluids, fruits and vegetables. Do regular exercise and Tab pregabalin may help you. So consult your doctor for further evaluation or get back to us for further discussion on management.

Hope this helps you.