Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.
If your pain in the leg
is present through out the length from buttock to heel, then it is highly suggestive of nerve
compression in the lumbar spine
by a protruding intervertebral disc
. The initial management of this problem is always conservative by the following measures -
* avoid lifting heavy weights as it imparts more strain on your back
* avoid forward bending activities as it will worsen the disc protrusion
* Use a lumbosacral back support to augment your spinal muscles
* Intermittent pelvic traction to cause a regression of disc
* Maintain optimum body weight,if you are obese
to strengthen your back muscles. Physiotherapy has to be done only after the acute pain has subsided.
* Judicious use of analgesics and muscle relaxants.
If all these measures fail to provide you relief, then surgical decompression may be an option.
Hope this information is helpful. Good day