Pain in both knees after marathon, given rejoint, voveron, still no improvement. MRI required ?

hello doctor, I ran in half marathon 21 kms and i am not a regular runner. After half marathon, I felt some pain in my both knees. After 3 weeks i went to orthopedic doctor and he told me to do an x-ray .. After that he gave me Rejoint tables and voveron (pain killer). but even after two weeks, i didn t notice any improvement. I have problem while going downstairs and upstairs.. Can you suggest me something. Should i go for MRI . i am very worried.
Asked On : Thu, 15 Nov 2012