Pain in both feet. Tried changing shoes, pain becomes severe while ruing on tread mill. Noticed a protrusion below ankle on both feet. What should be done?

Hi, I have pain in both my feet . The pain is towards the middle of the feet, a bit below the ankle . The pain started in December last year. At first I dismissed it as something due to bad shoes. I have changed my shoes since but the pain does not seem to go away. It becomes very sever when I am, for example, running on a treadmill. I have noticed a protrusion below my ankle on both my feet. Could you please guide me what to do here? Do I need to get checked up?? Thanks, Shashank
Asked On : Fri, 11 May 2012
Gastroenterologist, Surgical 's  Response
Yes you need to check your feet. you seem to be suffering from a condition called plantar fasciatis. you should get an x ray of the feet done. an orthopaedic evaluation is necessary.