Pain in both arms, swelling, unable to lift arms. Previous episode some years back. Due to flying?

My boss has severe pain in both arms. She cannot lift her arms without feeling pain. Her hands are swollen. She has been having these symptoms for approximately a week now. She has had one other episode of these same symptoms several years ago. It lasted several days then suddenly stopped. On both occasions, I believe the symptoms came on after flying, but I could be wrong.
Asked On : Sat, 5 May 2012
Rheumatologist 's  Response
Dear Madam,

It could be due to vein flow incompetence You will need to get a USG doppler for both her arms .

Dr. Shruti