Pain in belly button, affected with MRSA,

I ve been having pain in my abdomen just behind my belly button. It is moderate. And is always worse when I sit up or down or have been laying down and get up to make movements. It feels like a tearing.pain, almost like an abcess. I have had them before and they have all been affected with MRSA . So I always worry. I put my finger in my belly button and pushed upward and it is hard as a rock. Like a small call is sitting there. I don t gave health insurance but I know mrsa can be serious if it doesn t get treated again so I m wondering how serious this really is.
Asked On : Mon, 2 Apr 2012
We really can not tell anything by this without examining the site or investigating. As you had infection with a fatal organism earlier, you need to get evaluated before it pushes you to emergency consultation.
You may require to undergo ultrasound abdomen to rule out any persisting communication of your umbilicus with internal organs like urachal fistula, a cause that can often result in continued symptoms around belly button.
hope this helped.