Pain in back, buttocks and leg, gets worse while walking. Taken painkillers. What cure to be taken?

Hi I have been experiencing lower right back pain which radiates down my buttocks and right leg for nearly a month. It started to get better however it has now remained the same for 2 weeks and becomes worse when I lay, sit, stand or walk around for too long. I have been to my GP who have prescriped various painkillers however these do not help, can you please advise what my next steps should be? Thank you
Asked On : Thu, 17 May 2012