Pain in back, buttock and thigh, gets worse at night. Taken steroid. Xray reports normal

I have pain in my back near the right hip that gets worse when I sit to long. At night when I m asleep and I try to turn the pain wakes me up. The pain ranges from very sharp to a dull ache and radiates down my buttock and right thigh. I did a 5 day steroid pack and it helped for 2 weeks then the pain came back. I have also had a xray . of my right hip that showed nothing significant. I ve had this for about a year now and it just keeps getting worse.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Jun 2012