Pain in back and head during exercise for upper arm. Is drinking water safe and what is pain due to?

Hello doctor , I have started working out in the gym for the past 10days. I m 20yrs old. Is it advisable to drink water during the work outs ? I also have another problem. when I m doing a particular exercise for which i go up and down i get a pain at the back of my head. but the exercise is actually for my upper arm muscle. I have this pain only in last 3 days. I have cold now. Is it because of that or should i stop going to the gym ?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Jun 2012