Pain in arm with numbness in hands & tingling fingers after an injury

Hi, I was moving a bookshelf and took a big step to the right while carrying it. Bad thing is there was a corner where two walls come together a very small step away so I crammed my arm into the corner. it hit almost perpendicular to the corner (arm was horizontal, corner of wall runs vertical) about 3 inches below my elbow . It hurt so much worse than I have ever felt hitting my funny bone. my hand immediately went numb. Now I have feeling back for the most part but my fingers are tingly, I have a knot where I hit it and it hurts to move my wrist around. I don t know if I should get it checked out or just give it time. I did this about 40 minutes ago.
Asked On : Wed, 4 Jul 2012