Pain in arm pit, shoulder blade, chest pain. Right hand swollen, bluish purple. Possible cause?

I have been experiencing pain in my right arm pit , shoulder blade , shoulder and arm as well the pain seems to radiate into my chest when I move my arm in a certain position . I have had problems prior with pinched nerves in my neck due to degeneration and herniated discs so I thought this was perhaps the cause however this morning I woke up and my right arm and hand is now swollen and bluish purple.. I have never experienced this before . Is this something serious?
Asked On : Thu, 15 Nov 2012