Pain in arm, painful to lift stuff, small hard lump on arm right below the bicep

how are you today? I have a question about pain in my left arm . It is somewhat painfull to lift stuff now from time to time. it occurs when I lift and I think it is from over working my bicep when I work out at the gym . I have noticed a small hard lump along my main vein in my left arm right below the bicep. It is not visible to the eye, but I can feel it. What is this? will it go away?
Asked On : Sat, 19 May 2012
It sounds like you may have had a phlebitis which is inflammation in a vein which can cause it to thrombose (block off) and become hard and painful. This is a superficial vein and so it is not serious. Your symptoms can be helped by antiinflammatory medication although the hard lump may persist if this is the diagnosis. I would encourage you to have a Dr look at the lump.