Pain in arm and back, cracking sound in chest

I have pain in my left arm and upper back left side and my chest makes a cracking sound also on the left side. This has been for over a year now. What could be wrong? The pain that comes with it is a dull ache
Asked On : Wed, 14 Mar 2012
Welcoem to HCM!

I have gone through your question carefully and it says that you have dull chronic pain for an year in left arm, upper back and chest, all on left side, with a cracking sound.

From my clinical experince I feel that may be you have an injury in past in that area. Had I been treating you I would go for an X Ray neck & chest AP view, along with an ECG . this will tell us about the rib cage abnormality and any cardiac cause if present. X ray neck will rule out cervical spondylosis.

It doesn't look like some thing serious as it has been for an year now and not changed much in nature. So, please donot worry.
Getting your self investigated and taking appropriate pain killer and anti inflammatory drugs will make you good.

It will be wise to see a physician in person at least once.
Hope the answer helps you
Feel free to ask more queries
Dr. Manisha Gopal.