Pain in ankle radiating to calf during nights. Took tylenol, ibuprofen. What is the reason?

Pain starting in the ankle radiating up to calf, pain only at night when I have gone to bed, sometimes both legs, sometimes just one leg. Pain wakes me from a sound sleep, I just can't get comfortable. I tried taking Tylenol, before bed and when that didn't work I tried Ibuprofen, neither work. It it going to sound weird but at times, I have rubbed Vicks on my calf and ankles, it seem to help. I also tried arthritis rub and they helped sometimes. Any ideas?
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013