Pain in achilles, difficulty in pointing and flexing the foot. What could be the cause?

My question is regarding my Achilles Tendon . Lately I have not been working out on a regular basis, but am a fairly active dance instructor. My activity level is no where near what it used to be, but I am still active. Last Monday while teaching I felt a crackle type pain up my left achilles...while pretty much doing nothing...I believe I was walking. I felt it happen and it was quite painful to point and flex my foot (mainly point) after - what could have caused this? I wasn t jumping or running...I didn t land funny or twist anything. Please advise.
Asked On : Sat, 15 Dec 2012