Pain in abdomen after having sex. Feeling gassy. Did not ejaculate inside. Cause of pain?

I had sex with my boyfriend a little over a week ago and ever since then I have had some pain in my abdomen and my side, I also started my period about 4 or 5 days after( I have irregular periods so I never know when they may come) anyways the pain has lessened. I have felt slightly gassy. I haven t had any change in eating or such. I feel active and all, just curious as to what might be wrong. It was my first time and I didn t bleed during or after, he didn t ejaculate inside of me or even before hand . Not sure how long I should wait for the pain to go away or what. Any answers would be greatly appreciated!
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013