Pain in a spot in jaw, cant open my mouth, cant swallow. Reason and treatment?

hello, my right side of my jaw is in so much pain just started yesterday, when i open my mouth i can not open it all the way, i can turn my head, i can swallow jus hurts a little and when i touch the spot where the pain is located it hurts extremely bad, the whole upper right of my neck is swollen compared to the left side?
Asked On : Wed, 1 Aug 2012
Dentist, Prosthodontics 's  Response
You have not mentioned the area of the spot but after hearing your symptoms i am quite certain that the problem is related to your wisdom tooth which is either errupting or else is tilted in the wrong direction. it happens as food gets lodged in that area and its difficult to access it with a brush resulting in infection. this infection in turn causes discomfort in the surrounding gums and also results in mild swelling in the area. warm saline gargles may help and i would recommend you to visit your dentist who can give medication as well as can clinically see the problem.