Pain in Arm after using weights, kindly help me

HI, I do arobics while using 5lb weights every morning.Today I was lefting the 5lbs out & up from my side & I felt a little sting in my right arm about 1/2 way between my elbow & shoulder(the outside) wasn't painful enough to stop my workout, but about a hour after my arm is very painful in the spot that I first felt the sting ,whenever I reach out to do anything. Doctor, did I tear a muscle, if so how do I treat it @ home?when can I continue my weight lifting? Thanks

Asked On : Wed, 3 Mar 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Hi... You may have sprained the muscle.. Use hot water bags and avoid lifting weights till you recover fully.. Give adequate rest and do not lift any objects using the affected arm..