Pain from right hip bursa. taken cortisone injection, prescribed voltaren gel, to apply moist heat. Correct treatment?

I have had pain from my right hip bursa and have had two cortisone shots over the last three months. The last shot I received, a month ago helped the bursa pain but left me with pain at the injection site. It is painful to just light touch and has become quite swollen. I went to see the doctor the other day and he said to just apply moist heat and Voltaren gel to the site about 4 times a day. Is this the right course of treatment? I'm very tired of having one shot fix one pain only to create another type of pain.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Oct 2013