Pain from jaw to ear, sensitive to cold and hot items. What is the reason?

hi I have a servire shooting pain from the bottom of my jaw to my ear on the left side I get it every time i eat something cold or too hot stays there for 2 to 3 hours. I have only 4 teeth at the front and 3 stumps on the right side on the bottom no teeth on the top. Ive been to the dentist and he has said i need to have all my teeth taken out but cant get this done for 8 to 10 months im on the waiting list but he sid that had nuthing to do with my jaw pain so what can it be
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013