Pain from eyelid to cheekbone. Painful to blink, swelling below eye

Hi I have pain that feels like inflammation in the right side of my right eye spreading from the eyelid across the cheekbone. I haven t had ant trauma to the eye or face? It feels like there is a foriegn object in the eye, but I cannot see it. The eye is not bloodshot and my vision appears to be fine, apart from blinking which is very painful. The pain is spreading from the top of the eye lid across to my cheekbone and under the eye. This area is swallon and puffy. There isn t any evidence of pus but it feels like the is a lot of pus behind the socket. Can you advise please?
Asked On : Thu, 27 Dec 2012