Pain, fever at the top of the head, increased pressure medicines, no relief. Advice?

My wife , a 66yr. old African-Ame , for the last 4 days ,has been describing pain and fever @ the top of her head. A visit to her primary found her pressure to be High ,on 8.28.12 ( rt. arm , 142/86, Lft. arm , 136/86...body temp was 97.6 ) Her Dr. increased her pressure meds.( Diovan 160 mg.+ 80mg. , and Ibuprofen for Headache pain ,) However, today,( 8.30.12), she s still complaining of brain fever . We are scheduled to have her blood tested on 8.31.12 . Please advise...
Asked On : Mon, 3 Sep 2012