Pain during urination. Swelling of prostate. Taking Nexium with Tums. Is Tums causing prostate flare up?

I noticed a year ago swelling of the prostate , frequency in urinating and slight pain durin urination . I had two PSA tests, 3 months apart and score was 6.2 and 5.7 before it went down to 4.75I noticed lately the swelling of prostate has returned after almost a year. During that time I have been taking nexium (40) once a day and reduced it to once every two days. But my acid reflux was getting worse so few months ago I supplimented Nexium with Tums, approx. twice a day at 1000 mg each ( on the days I didn t take nexium. I wonder if tums is causing the prostate flare up? Just to let you know, I was taking tums approx 3 months before the symptoms a year ago. Question is: could Tu s cause prostate flare up ? And if so, is there danger continuing? Thank you for your input on this. Sam
Asked On : Thu, 30 Aug 2012