Pain during periods. Have hepatitis B infection. Want to take birth control pills

Hello. I am 22 years old and want to go to the gynecologist to get some birth control pills to reduce or even stop my period. I am so tired of going through so much pain during my periods. I have heavy flow, huge migraines, nausea, and it feels like a knife is going through my stomach. But my period is still pretty regular. I was wondering if the doctor would have to break my hymen to exam me in order to prescribe me birth control pills. Another reason I want to go onto birth control pills is because I would like the join the marine corps in the next couple of years and do not want to worry about my period getting in the way of my physical test and swim tests (I tried using tampons and I hate it...). Oh and I also have hepatitis B which I got from my mother from birth but have been on viread for the past year and the virus copies are undetectable but am not actually cured yet till the virus gene is gone and will have to continue to take the viread medication. Thank You.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013