Pain during intercourse, vagina looks intact, difficulty in penetration. What is the remedy?

My fiancee and I are having pain issues during intercourse. I have noted her vagina looks the same as before we began to have intercourse - when she was a virgin , who never used tampons, etc. I believe she has a thick, elastic hymen , and our recent efforts have involved my entering the small hole in her hymen, which must be stretching but not breaking, and causing her pain, allowing me only maybe 2 inches penetration. Is her age (35) the factor in this unbreaking hymen problem? an this be remedied easily?
Asked On : Wed, 25 Jul 2012