Pain due to shingles. Flare up on the scalp. Chances of nerve damage?

My husband has had shingles it was on the left side of his head, his eye, and his ear. It lasted a couple weeks and he has had pain from it since. Every now and then it is like it flares up. He will be in horrible pain but doesn t get blisters. His vision will get blurry in that eye it has been foggy since shingles. Recently he has had a flare up and had this red line that ran just lrft of his scalp . While I was watching this line for the second time. As I was looking at it this dent formed and he was in horrible pain. What is happening to him? One doctor said it was nerve damage one just tried to tell him it s a migraine . He said it felt like some one was tring to pull his bone through his face.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013