Pain, discomfort in hip, shoulder blade, neck. Shoulder swollen, numbness in forearm. Possible reason?

I have had pain & discomfort on my right side beginning in my hip that radiates down the side of my right thigh. I am 44 years old & have just been dealing with this for several months. Recently, I have had extreme pain in my left shoulder , shoulder blade & left side of my neck . The left shoulder is swollen in comparison to the right & my right thumb & forearms will become numb & tingly all of a sudden & then go away. I have not injured myself in anyway. The shoulder pain I woke up with one morning & it has never went away & is getting worse. I was wondering what the cause may be & if the right leg & shoulder pain may be connected. Thank you.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013