Pain, cramps in both calves. What could be the reason, treatment?

hello. recently i have had pain in my leg calf sometimes in the left calf and at other times in the right one. i thought it might have been because of my shoes or tight pants or pajamas i wore. i changed them. the pain is less now but the strange thing is that when i m in the shower washing my hair i have a cramp feeling in my calves and this has happened almost every time i ve had a bath. i used to have nocturnal cramps but they were different and the next day i felt fine and the cramp did nt come back soon unless i walked a lot and didn t get enough rest. i m 6 feet tall and weigh 61 kilos. and i had a benign tumour out 29 years ago when i was 8 years old. thank you for your attention to my problem farzad YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
recurrent calf cramps in young age means that aerobic metabolism is a bit poor .
get your vit b12 and vit d3 levels checked as lower level of these essential vitamins can predispose people to get a lot of muscle cramps .
you need to undergo a gradual enduarance training to improve aerobic metabolism and get essential nutients supplemented . when you go for exercises maintain water and electrolyte balance well and then cool down well to avoid cramps .