Pain, burning sensation inside vagina, burns during urination, difficulty in sitting, walking. Cause?

For a couple of years now, I ve been getting pain inside my vagina . It s normally around the time of my period. It burns when I pee and its a constant burning sensation inside as well. Sometimes making it uncomfortable to sit, walk etc. Normally it goes after a day or two, but this time round it lasted for around two weeks, and so was still there even after my period. It also made it impossible to have sex because it hurt too much. I m not sure what this is, any help would be appreciated! Just as a side note.. I m also on the pill . I went on it around 3 years ago, because I had very heavy very very painful periods.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013