Pain between the wrist and small finger after being hurt. No fracture. Difficulty in writing. Advice?

i fainted and hurt my hand on bone between wrist and small finger. doc says its not broken, its 4 weeks since and its still sore, I find it hard when I turn keys of car or doors, also if I have to lift or twist anything. I am on pain killers and am off work to rest it. I had cast on for the first week, but went back to work at 2nd week (office work), I found I
cant write, or continue to work as normal, so I took this week of to rest it, but am unsure if I should go back next week.
I feel bad being off when I am not sick, so what should I do.
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013